Coupons are a great way to promote your products. The challenge is always how to send them out in a way that has the highest response rates. Follow these easy steps and you'll be able to create a coupon email system for your WooCommerce store on your own.
How To Set Up A Coupon Email System
Assuming you have a WooCommerce store set up and running, there are a few steps you'll need to take in order to start sending out coupon codes via email:
1. Install and activate the WooCommerce Email Marketing extension.
2. Set up your email marketing provider of choice (MailChimp, Aweber, etc.) and obtain an API key.
3. Enter your API key into the WooCommerce Email Marketing extension settings page.
4. Configure the extension settings to your liking, such as which email list to subscribe customers to, what kind of discount codes to send out, etc.
5. That's it! Your WooCommerce store will now automatically send out discount codes via email to customers after they complete a purchase.
The Pros and Cons of a Coupon System
There are a few things to consider before setting up a coupon email system for your WooCommerce store. The first is whether or not you want to use a coupon system. There are pros and cons to using one, so it’s important to weigh them before making a decision.
1. A coupon system can help increase sales by giving customers an incentive to buy more products.
2. It can also help build customer loyalty, as customers will be more likely to return to your store if they know they can get a discount.
3. Coupons can be used as a marketing tool, helping you promote new products or special deals.
4. Finally, a coupon system can save you time and money by automating the process of sending out coupons.
1. One downside of using a coupon system is that it can encourage customers to only buy products when they have a coupon, which may not be ideal if you’re trying to promote full-price items.
2. Additionally, some customers may view coupons as “too good to be true” and be suspicious of your motives for sending them out (i.e., they may think you’re about to go out of business).
3. Finally, there’s always the possibility that customers will lose or forget their coupons, which means they may never take advantage of the discount you’re offering
Creating Coupon Codes
Assuming you're using WooCommerce, there are two types of coupons you can create:
1.Percentage discount coupon - This type of coupon will give a percentage off the total order price. For example, if you create a coupon for 10% off and someone spends $100, they will only be charged $90.
2.Fixed amount discount coupon - This type of coupon will give a fixed amount off the total order price. For example, if you create a coupon for $10 off and someone spends $100, they will only be charged $90.
To set up a percentage discount coupon, follow these steps:
1. Go to: WooCommerce > Coupons.
2. Select Add Coupon from the top of the page.
3. Enter a code for your coupon in the Coupon Code field (for example, 10percent).
4. Set the Discount Type to Percent Off from the dropdown menu.
5. Enter the amount you would like to take off in the Amount field (for example, 10).
6."Add" any product categories or tags that this coupon should apply to under Product Restrictions if desired > Save Changes
Setting up a coupon email system for WooCommerce is a great way to keep your customers informed about sales and promotions. By following the steps in this article, you can easily set up an automated system that will send out coupons to your subscribers on a regular basis. Not only will this save you time, but it will also ensure that your customers always have the latest information about your products and services.